The world of commodities does not accommodate for spontaneous generations.
In today’s increased Market transparency, if one is to emerge as a valued actor in the commodities universe, he must offer a noticeable, tangible and sustainable competitive edge. Failing which, he is bound to be sidelined as a non-value proposition by the Market.
INOKS Capital has been involved with commodities from its first days of existence and never deviated from that core focus since. Although its original founders have left the company in 2008, INOKS Capital never stopped reinforcing its commodity foundation.
INOKS Capital was created in 2004 to trade advise a closed systematic long term trend following CTA which was active over 29 markets out of which 23 were agricultural futures. This investment program was serviced by the two Founders which had both previously worked for Cargill Geneva’s grains and energy divisions. The CTA model showed some very good performance year after year but its long term approach was penalized by the 2007 markets’ excessive short term noise or volatility. It was resultantly elected to stop advising the CTA in mid-2008 to allocate all resources on INOKS Capital’s flagship advised product, the ancile Fund. It resulted in the Founders being taken over by the actual management and leaving the company.
Today’s Principals joined INOKS Capital in late 2005 to set-up and direct a team of diverse specialists that would be dedicated to trade advise a new breed of Commodity and Trade Finance single manager fund. In less than 5 months, the ancile Fund was subsequently seeded with USD25M. The ancile Fund started trading in August 2006 and still does today.
Amidst the financial industry’s 2008 and 2009 drastic changes, INOKS Capital has been able to successfully trade advise the ancile Fund to:
- deploy a little less then USD1B of investments over a global Emerging Markets presence (South-America, Africa, MENA, Eastern-Europe and South-East Asia)
- provide an across commodities diversification (grains, softs, energies and industrial metals)
- invest along the full commodity value chain (from production to distribution)
- peek assets under management north of USD100M in early 2009
- sustainably provide strong non volatile and non-leveraged returns
- recover from defaulting investments without losses to date
- outpace both industry and strategy piers redemption servicing
- be recognized by traditional Financing providers (Commodity and Trade Finance Banks) as an innovative Industry player.
These achievements are not resulting from opportunistic chances but much to the contrary, purposely devised and procedurally generated. They are yielded from proven proficiencies in Commodities and Emerging Markets which are strongly embedded in INOKS Capital’s advising Team. Such common asset is arising from the unique alchemy between decades’ long diverse individual know-how and a mutual history.